[Freeswitch-users] polycom shared line

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Jan 9 00:19:13 PST 2009

Can FreeSWITCH and Polycom's line type="shared" work together? If so,
how do I get there from here?

I've tried registering as the same extension with multiple registrations
enabled, registering as different extensions with the first extension
set as the third-party in the second... looked at how manage-presence
works... noted that the line-seize event returns an error because that's
not an event that's registered for... etc.

None of it gets me having it do what I want, which is seeing the status
of the one on the other, and from watching the SIP I'm not seeing how it
could work anyway in any of the configurations I've tried... I assume I
am missing something in the dialplan that tells it to notify the others
when something happens on the first (given that line-seize doesn't do
anything, so the only way to know is if the first either gets a call or
places one, which must go via the dialplan), and if that's the case are
there any examples of this?

Matthew Kaufman