[Freeswitch-users] close channels properly

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Wed Jan 7 00:16:34 PST 2009

Hello,

Happy New Year!!!!

Yes, I am calling a group of people but those are actually speakers so
unfortunately they can not decide to hang up alone at the end of a speech or
an announcement and somebody has to kick them out. The only thing the
speakers can do is stop transmitting after a long silence but they don't
send a "BYE" to freeswitch so the channels between them and freeswitch are
not closed (the api command "show channels" keeps listing them).

I have seen the application sched_hangup but if I use it in the dialplan it
seems to concern just the caller of the extension. Do you have an idea to
use it for all the members of a conference?
Just as you know, I am aware there is the application api_hangup_hook but I
don't want the speakers to get kicked when the caller hangs up. (There are
cases where the caller just wants a file to be played through the speakers
and does not need to wait for the end before it hangs up).

I am going to try to see if there is not a solution on the speakers' side
but if someone has a any other ideas that I missed...

Thanks,
Carole