[Freeswitch-users] Forward calls that need to be transcoded to a Asterisk box

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:55:44 PST 2009

Hi List,

I have ready in places that we can run regex on the SDP and then determine
if the call need to be transcoded we can then send a redirect / 302 to the
user and have them contact say a Asterisk box which can then run transcoding
for us. Now my question is how do I do that? My thinking is the call hits
the dialplan and run regex on the SDP and redirect if needed. I only need to
send some calls to the Asterisk box for transcode and most of the carriers I
use accept g729, but some do not. Could I take that value in the SDP and
then pass it to the diaplan so I can then add that information to my LCR
query that I run, I do all this with the curl dialplan not the built in in
LCR module.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!