[Freeswitch-users] Changing internal profile

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Jan 3 10:21:39 PST 2009

The detected domain is 212.235.180.41 which caused this problem.

You have two options here.

Since we detected and set your default domain to 212.235.180.41 on
start up... you're registering to the 192.168.0.1 ip aka the internal
interface.

The inbound register packet has:

From: <sip:1000 at 192.168.0.1>

We take the part before the @ aka the username, then we take the part
after the @ aka the domain name.

FreeSWITCH will then look thru your directory looking for domain which
in this case is 192.168.0.1
which it can't find because we detected your public IP and set it up
as 212.235.180.41.
So the error message is telling you that you do not have a domain
called 192.168.0.1 with a user 1000 in it.

So what you have to do here is understand that SIP like email works on
the concept of domains.  user at host.

A few things you need to know are this:

(SOMEONE WIKIFY THIS PLEASE and expand on it.  Find me on IRC if you
have questions)
<wiki>
sofia profile params:
challenge-realm:

<param name="challenge-realm" value="auto_from"/> (default
configuration uses auto_from)

Choose the realm challenge key. Default is auto_to if not set.

auto_from  - uses the from field as the value for the sip realm.
auto_to    - uses the to field as the value for the sip realm.
<anyvalue> - you can input any value to use for the sip realm.

force-register-domain:

<param name="force-register-domain" value="$${domain}"/>

This will force the profile to ignore the domain in the to or from
packet and force
it to the value listed here for this param.

This will store the info into the database with the user@<from domain
in sip packet>

force-register-db-domain:

<param name="force-register-db-domain" value="$${domain}"/>

This will work in conjunction with force-register-domain so that the
forced domain
is stored in the database also.

</wiki>

ATTENTION HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

So what I recommend for you is to open up internal.xml and uncomment
the force-register-domain
and force-register-db-domain params on the internal profile.  Also
make sure internal.xml has
sip-ip and rtp-ip set to 192.168.0.1 and make sure your phones
register to 192.168.0.1.

/b