[Freeswitch-users] problem speaking with cepstral voice in xml ivr menu

Alexander de Greiff alexander at degreiff.com
Wed Feb 25 12:12:03 PST 2009

michael,

i googled for "asterisk alternative" and voila...
the trigger was that every now and then i renew servers in the infrastructure and the one with asterisk was overdue. i wasn't really unhappy with asterisk, but these things bothered me (maybe i am not up to date):

- dialplan gets messy
- no conferences without hardware (rented remote server!)
- ivr with cepstral voices: sometimes get hickups

so far i like the fs approach very much. stable sip channels, no hickups with voices.

kind regards
alex