[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event compile problem

Leon de Rooij leon at scarlet-internet.nl
Mon Feb 23 02:09:28 PST 2009

Hi Andrew,

Everything is running on an Ubuntu Hardy Xen domu with kernel
2.6.24-23-xen.

Erlang is version R12B5 and was compiled from source with options --
enable-hipe, --enable-smp-support en --enable-threads.

FS is trunk version 12197.

I did copy the configuration file to ~freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs

Also, I just checked the 'empd -names', after both FS and an erl shell
have been started:

root at erlyfs:~# epmd -names
epmd: up and running on port 4369 with data:
name ldr at port 57114
name freeswitch at port 8031

So that should be fine..

  I also tried loading mod_erlang_event from modules.conf, and
starting FS as root, but - not surprisingly - that didn't make any
difference.

I've been looking in wireshark, what exactly is going over the line,
and the strange thing is, that erl opens a TCP connection, a SYN
packet is sent to FS, after which FS immediately returns an RST/ACK
packet and thus closes the connection.. I still don't see anything in
the FS CLI.

Is there anything I can do to get more verbose output from FS - esp
info about why the connection was closed ?

thanks,

Leon