[Freeswitch-users] Suggestion for xml_curl performance

shehzad p pmhshz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:16:36 PST 2009

Hi Brian,

My setup is to use FS as basic calls routing.
1. Calls are coming to FS from more than one customer Gateways, and I need
to authenticate them and check for enough balance based on database,
                               [Caller Gateways] ===> [FreeSWITCH] ===>
[Provider Gateways]
2. After knowing that Caller Gateways is valid, then based on dialed number
it search in database for Provider Gateway and bridge the call there.
3. After call finish CDR is inserted back into database.

My old setup was using Javascript which works fine in traffic of 10 to 20
calls, but then increase of traffic causes many problems.

Now I eliminate use of any of the script (javascript or any other) for call
routing, and route calls directly from dialplan,
So I have setup test system using xml-curl to generate dynamic dialplan,
I used below xml_curl PHP example as reference:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl_PHP_example
For CDR processing I used xml_cdr, with help of the example in FS source
:scripts/contrib/trixter/xml-cdr.

Waiting for any better suggestions, any comments...

thanks
msp.