[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event compile problem

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Fri Feb 20 11:08:11 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 05:19:25PM +0100, Leon de Rooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try out the mod_erlang_event module. I have Erlang R12B5
> compiled and it's in the same location as the Makefile specifies (/usr/
> local/lib/erlang/...), but running make in the src/mod/event_handlers/
> mod_erlang_event goes wrong:

Yeah, this was a gcc4 thing, I've done most of my testing on gcc3 so it
didn't show up for me. Thanks to MikeJ for the fix suggestion.

> Also, after this, FS goes haywire after loading the module
> and spews out these messages continuously:

You don't have the erlang port mapper daemon running (epmd).
mod_erlang_event needs it to be running in order to be able to register
itself as an erlang node. On your system; epmd isn't in $PATH so my
system() call that tries to start it fails. I've made the module init
system fail properly instead of looping indefinitely as well as print a
slightly more helpful error message now. Let me know if you have any
better luck :) The fix is in-tree as of r12192.

Thanks again for the bug report.

Andrew