[Freeswitch-users] ipauth - directory

Leon de Rooij leon at scarlet-internet.nl
Mon Feb 16 04:49:46 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'd really like to know more about this too.

Currently, I have two sip_profiles:

- residential (where users can do authenticated registers and invites)
- transit (where other users can do un-authenticated invites)

Right now, FS is not aware of *who* is accessing the transit profile
except for an acl that is set on this profile so unauthorized use is
not possible.

But what should I do when I want to allow multiple parties (from
different IP addresses) to send their invites to the transit profile,
and still be able to differentiate between them ?

I'd like to set some variables, like an accountcode for example, on
the basis of what IP address the INVITE originates from.

So, is it possible to not use digest authentication, but still use a
dialplan-directory user with IP= field or some such ?

thanks a lot & kind regards,

Leon de Rooij