[Freeswitch-users] Problems with Originate

Alexandru Nedelcu alex at sinapticode.ro
Fri Feb 13 03:33:14 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using "originate" to initiate calls, and streamFile to play audio
files on the answered sessions. All the logic was encapsulated in a
Javascript file.

The problem with this setup is that origination_caller_id_number doesn't
work from inside the JS file (when calling session.originate). My setup
only works when doing a direct originate command, with the JS script
attached as an application to it, i.e...

originate
{ignore_early_media=true}sofia/gateway/myprovider/873040711222222
'&javascript(dialer.js <params>)'

Now, my next problem ... this doesn't work properly because with
"ignore_early_media=true" then "dialer.js" isn't executed on FAIL. And I
need that. If "ignore_early_media" is not specified, then "dialer.js"
executes, but the recording starts before the phone is answered.

Can you give me any tips?

Thanks,

--
Alexandru Nedelcu