[Freeswitch-users] segfault when shoutcast plays mp3 and extension hangs up

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Fri Feb 13 01:13:21 PST 2009

Hello,

it works now. I'm not really sure what it was, but I know what I did in
what order:

1. update gcc to "gcc version 4.2.4 (Ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3)"
2. configure
3. make sure
4. make install
5 Tested it: FS still crash
6 did a gdb backtrace, last function call was mpg123_delete ...
7. delete lame directory an archive
8. delete mpg123 directory and archive
9. bootstrap.sh
10. configure ...
11. make sure
12. chmod 755 ./libs/libsndfile/src/create_symbols_file.py (execution
permissions were missed)
13. autogen was missed, so I installed it
14. make all
15. make install
16. Tested it: SUCCESS - no crash anymore

For me it seems to be caused by mpg123 and/or lame ... Maybe a simple
recompile and reinstall helps as well.

regards
Helmut