[Freeswitch-users] Codec negotiation questions

ivdreg ivdreg ivdreg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 06:06:16 PST 2009

Hi all,

Can I ask 2 questions about codec negotiation:

1. Is it possible Freeswitch to work negotiate codecs between two phones as
it is described below.
INVITE from A with some codecs in SDP ---> Freeswitch rewrites codec
preference according absolute_codec_string but exclude all codecs not
offered by A ----> INVITE to B with rewrited SDP.

example:
from A SDP:PCMA,PCMU,SPEEX  ----> absolute_codec_string=G722,PCMU,PCMA,GSM
----> to B SDP: PCMU,PCMA

2. Can I get codec list in INVITE with mod_perl for example or via xml_curl
without processing SDP variable (switch_r_sdp). It will be useful to be in
format that absolute_codec_string variable takes.

Thanks