[Freeswitch-users] Mod_native_file FreeSWITCH files (and script) available

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:15:07 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

  Now that I've got FreeSWITCH compiling under AstLinux I'm starting
to look at ways to optimize FreeSWITCH.

  First things first: minimize transcoding.  I hate transcoding.

  I modified a concept I came up with back in the day for Asterisk.
I've created a script to convert WAV files to FreeSWITCH
mod_native_file formats for various codecs.  Of course I also updated
the wiki:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_native_file#Script_to_convert_a_sound_file_to_specific_formats_to_avoid_transcoding

  As you can see I've also converted the current FreeSWITCH prompts
and MOH into various file formats (including G.729 and G.723).  These
files have undergone very little testing (basically none) so I would
appreciate some feedback on them.  I'm also working on G.729, iLBC,
speex (VBR?!?), and G.722.  What about Siren, CELT, and some of the
others?  I don't have much experience with these and I could certainly
use some help.

P.S. - I'm currently using sox and Asterisk res_convert to do the
conversion.  I don't know how else to legitimately (and consistently)
convert to these various formats.  Without bringing up the usual
G.729/G.723 discussions, I'm in the US and this is how I could legally
do all of these conversions.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org