[Freeswitch-users] Transcoding G723

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 5 11:59:41 PST 2009

G723 is a patent encumbered codec as is G729. A codec module for
trans-coding either of these is not available at this time.

G729 may become available at some point in the future, however I don¹t see
G723 coming available anytime soon do to facts that there is not much of a
demand for it coupled with the high costs of licensing the required patents.