[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax: not able to detect "Inband" dtmf tones from pstn call?

Scott Torr scott.torr.fs at letterboxes.org
Thu Dec 24 04:29:10 PST 2009

Hi Anthony,

Yes,
The "start_dtmf" application is in the dialplan.

One question I still have is will the Goertzel algorithm in
libteletone_detect.c be able to detect and decode the DTMF tones once
they have past through the PSTN and Skype network traversing various
codecs?

1) They sound audible and clear.
2) A spectrum graph clearly shows the two frequencies.

How bad does the signal need to degrade before the DTMF tones cannot be
detected?

Can you suggest a way to play recordings through the "start_dtmf"
application.
This way I can test various wave forms.

** BUG **
Why does samples=0?

One thing I have noted is that when "start_ivr_async.c" calls:

teletone_dtmf_detect(&pvt->dtmf_detect, frame->data, frame->samples);

for a skypiax call the samples=0
for a SIP call the samples=160

I hope this may help track down the problem.

Perhaps in time with better understanding of the internal workings of fs
and may be able to post solutions rather than problems?

regards,
Scott Torr