[Freeswitch-users] [ANN] Spice Telephony 0.9.5 released (FS based callcenter)

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Mon Dec 21 14:36:59 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 09:48:44AM -0800, Michael Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Andrew Thompson <andrew at hijacked.us> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:03:46PM -0800, ram wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > its good to hear
> > >
> > > any compare document between Vicidial and this project
> > >

> > No document, but briefly:
> >
> > * More focused on inbound than on outbound (at least for the moment)
> >  vicidial is more geared for outbound.
> > * Handles email in queue (and soon chat), vicidial is only voice.
> > * wrapup time is per-call not static per-'campaign'
> > * license is a little more liberal
> > * can operate as a distributed system
> > * doesn't need asterisk ;)
> >
> Now *that* is a feature worth paying for! ;)
>
> Also, I thought you had a community edition vs. a professional edition? If
> so could you explain the difference?

I've managed to avoid that thus far, I suspect that something like an
outbound campaign manager (which could be implemented as just another
media type) might be something to fall under that sort of split, but
right now the release includes everything we've got (including an
integration module that's probably of limited use to anyone else - but
its a good example of how to build your own).

Andrew