[Freeswitch-users] sip message logging and analysis

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Dec 17 16:33:11 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Frank @ Impact <frank at impactfax.com> wrote:

>  I bit off topic but…
>

> Using FS to send calls sip to the LD carrier.
>

> Some calls have problems where they drop the call or audio drops or
> whatever.
>
> The carrier’s first response is that we dropped the call.  But this is  aday later after the trouble has been reported.
>

> I am looking for guidance on how to log all sip message traffic and then be
> able to easily retrieve to find a call and look at what sip messages really
> were being based and by whom.  Maybe store them in a database or some
> other file that might be opened by an analysis tool.
>

> Any suggestions on how to log this information and then what tool to use
> for later analysis?

Jason Garland's ClueCon2009 videos about tcpdump and wireshark cover the
thought of doing a rotating log file so that it captures a bunch of stuff
but doesn't go over X number of megabytes... I don't recall exactly where in
his videos that part appears, but here are the links to those vids. Hope it
helps!
-MC

Look at this video first:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/cluecon/videos/33/
Then check this one if you need more info:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/cluecon/videos/8/