[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference scalability

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Dec 17 11:33:42 PST 2009

If you're going to have that many listeners then it would be best to use something like shoutcast to broadcast the stream out to a local stream on various different boxes... then tie the callers into a stream... when they have questions uuid_transfer them into the conf.. then back to the stream when done.  This would scale to very large numbers because you could split it out into 100's of boxes if needed.

/b