[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail->Email

Oliver Schönbeck os at tenios.de
Thu Dec 17 08:13:18 PST 2009

Hello,

we are running freeswitch 1.0.trunk and are currently trying to get the
mod_voicemail to send the received messages to the user by using exim4 on a
debian machine.

So far we followed  the instructions in the wiki article (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_voicemail ).

I added some lines to the bash script to enable some kind of logging:
#! /bin/bash

typeset LOG="/tmp/${0##*/}.out"

mv $LOG ${LOG}.old >/dev/null 2>&1

[[ -t 1 ]] && echo "Writing to logfile '$LOG'."

exec > $LOG 2>&1

exim4 -t -v >> $LOG

If I run the script from the command line everything is working as expected.
If the script gets called by freeswitch I get the following result in my
logfile:

/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/exec_exim.sh: line 6:  4920 Segmentation fault
(core dumped) exim4 -t -v >> $LOG

Has anybody seen similar effects before?

Any advice whats going wrong is heavily appreciated.

Thanks

   Oliver