[Freeswitch-users] detecting rtp packet for zombie channels

Juan Backson juanbackson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 04:33:26 PST 2009

Hi,

I am having problem with around 1 % of the channels always get zombilized.

What I want to do is to have a background thread that regularly check all
the channels that have been in existance for like > 1 hr, and then check to
see if there is any RTP coming in and going out.   If there is no RTP, then
I just hangup that channel.  Does anyone know if there is anyway to do that
in a freeswitch module?  Which API can I use to accomplish this purpose?
Alternatively, is there anyway to configure freeswitch so that it will
hangup the calls where there is no media in and out for so many seconds?

Thanks,
jb