[Freeswitch-users] Presence across several networked FSs

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Sun Dec 13 07:19:46 PST 2009

I'm working on a setup with several networked FreeSWITCHes based on a central FS and one or more satellite FSs. The boxes are connected to each other with IAX, SIP over VPN or another protocol. In the choice of the protocol the presence issue mentioned below should be considered, and the real life practicalities such as routers, NAT and connections with packet loss.

I find the directory facility as a good tool for expressing the topology on each server, where the dial-string in the directory can be used to beak out of the box into some of the other boxes via the central unit.  When I dial out from a phone, the presence information is updated OK on same phone and other phones on the same box.

I would like to keep track of the presence of the users on the other boxes as well. Any suggestion on to how the presence information scan be propagated to all boxes in the network.

Jon Brüel
Consiglia Telecommunications
DK-2960 Rungsted Kyst
Tel: +45 45 16 1000