[Freeswitch-users] FS Rocks!!!!!!!!!

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Dec 10 02:13:16 PST 2009

Sometime next week I hopefully am going to start a document that
follows my progress in setting up a FS system from scratch, with all
the pitfalls and successes. A kinds of "warts and all" story.
Alongside this "blog" (for want of a better word) I will also then
document the steps needed to get it working (a howto guide,
effectively).

I am a long time * user (2004), so my mindset is kind of skewed - but
perhaps that would be beneficial for other * users looking at
implementing FS.

Most of our config and dialplan is generated by using res_config_curl,
and we use things like call listening, conferencing, parking and
queues. We do use queues in a slightly odd manner (we add 1 agent, and
call a local channel). When this channels is called, we use curl to
get our application to return the most appropriate agent to actually
call).

We also use * as a power dialler, making upwards of 400,000 call
attempts per month. Not massive, but not tiny either.

Hopefully, this will be of use to both FS and * users. What would be
great is that if other people follow my progress, and make suggestions
as and when I hit a brick wall :)

What would be best for this ? A blog ? Or a wiki page ?

Julian