[Freeswitch-users] embedded freeswitch compatable hardware

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:47:05 PST 2009

Brian,

  I have been making efforts to fully support FreeSWITCH in AstLinux.
Our primary targets are low powered x86 boards like the Soekris and
Alix.  x86, powerful enough, cheap enough (as low as $100), and about
12 watts.  Not bad.

  The Soekris net5501 and standard case will (I believe) take a full
height card.  Then again you could use any board and get an external
SIP gateway (ATA).  We don't currently support OpenZAP with FS in
AstLinux but I'd love to add support for it eventually.

  I'm currently working with the FS devs on getting some issues in
trunk resolved to get cross compiling working again.  Until then you
can find ISOs with FreeSWITCH and AstLInux here if you'd like to check
it out:

http://mirror.astlinux.org/freeswitch/daily/

  Let me know what you think.