[Freeswitch-users] controlling calls handled within a fifo using event_socket

Luke Graybill lgraybill at izeni.com
Wed Dec 9 08:50:03 PST 2009

In my FreeSWITCH environment, calls are originated out to customers who are
placed into a fifo upon answer. There are members (x-lite endpoints) in this
fifo who handle those customer calls. I am writing a monitoring application
that uses event_socket to watch the channels involved in this process,
ultimately displaying an interface for each rep that allows them to
interactively drive the calls (playback audio conditionally to the customer,
save information obtained during the call to another database, etc).

Problems arise when attempting to identify which customer channel is
speaking to which rep (consumer) channel. My event_socket application is
inspecting the CHANNEL_ANSWER event, but this event does not appear to
contain enough information to make this determination.

I have identified three distinct uuid values in the CHANNEL_ANSWER headers
on the consumer channel: core uuid, the uuid of the consumer channel, and
another uuid which is not the customer uuid (I'm assuming this is the uuid
of the fifo).

According to the wiki
here<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_fifo#Additional_variables_.28not_yet_documented.29>,
I expected the consumer CHANNEL_ANSWER headers to contain variables such as
`fifo_target` with the uuid of the customer channel it is bridged to, but
this variable is not in the headers. Indeed, no channel variables are set
which correspond to the uuid of the customer channel to which the rep is
speaking. After the call has been completed, data posted in the cdr does in
fact contain the `fifo_target` information, but this does not help me during
the call.

The short version of my question is this: how do I programmatically
determine which channel uuid the consumer channel in a fifo is connected to?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!