[Freeswitch-users] FXO PCI card with Pfsense Freeswitch.

Mark Crane mctch at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 01:26:49 PST 2009

You need to use a zaptel package that was compiled for the operating system that pfsense uses. For pfSense 1.2.3 try this package:

ssh to pfsense then run:
press 8 for the command line access
cd /tmp
fetch http://portableusbapps.com/packages/config/freeswitch/zaptel-1.4.6_7.tgz
pkg_add zaptel-1.4.6_7.tgz

Also you will need to use the FreeSWITCH Dev package on pfsense which has the openzap module. FreeSWITCH dev package is not perfect that is why it is still marked as dev.

Best Regards,

Mark J Crane

P.S. For those that don't know the I created the pfSense FreeSWITCH package wanted a name for the project and finally after a lot of thought came up with FusionPBX. Last night I stayed up all night to see if I could get FusionPBX to work on pfSense. I did get it so that is a step in the right direction to get the latest version working on pfSense again. FusionPBX uses PDO (PHP Data Objects) which is available in PHP5. pfSense 1.2.3 uses PHP4 and so it required getting both PHP4 and PHP5 working on the same machine setup in a way that they don't conflict which I was able to achieve. So new version is getting closer.