[Freeswitch-users] 100% CPU Usage when Asterisk 1.6.0.19 Registers

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:22:03 PST 2009

We could check it out for you if you want to contact me and give me ssh
access.
Or I can provide the instructions

get it into the 100% cpu usage state then do the following without stopping
FS.

1) run top -H and sort so all the FS threads are at the top and screen cap
it so we can see which thread id is using the most cpu.
2) make sure you have gdb installed and issue this command from the build
root
    ./support-d/fscore_pb gcore cpu_race_issue

then we can compare the thread using the most cpu with the trace and locate
your problem.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Spencer Thomason <spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
> wrote:

> Hi I'm trying to use Freeswitch as a SBC for a few Asterisk boxes.
> The Asterisk boxes are individual hosted PBXs but they are configured
> with identical software.  This a x86_64 CentOS 5.4 system.  I've tried
> 1.0.4 and the latest svn with the same results.  Basically Freeswitch
> registers with outbound providers and I can send and receive test
> calls.  Then without warning, i.e. the Asterisk boxes are all idle and
> there are no calls, the Freeswitch process starts using 100% of the cpu.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm