[Freeswitch-users] [OpenZAP] Does Dahdi (ex-Zaptel) require Asterisk?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Dec 8 05:43:25 PST 2009

Hello

I'd like to install OpenZAP so I can use a TDM card with Freeswitch, but I'm
getting a software error althought the TDM card seems detected (lspci -v
OK). Dahdi was successfully compiled from source code.

Is it OK to just install Dahdi 2.2.0 without Asterisk before going ahead
with OpenZAP? The reason I ask, is that in another forum, someone mentionned
"/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf".

Here's the output from dahdi_cfg -vvv:

DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.0

DAHDI Version: 2.2.0.2
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================
Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels to configure.

DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

Here's ls -l /dev/dahdi/:

total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 254 Dec  8 13:38 channel
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196,   0 Dec  8 13:38 ctl
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 255 Dec  8 13:38 pseudo
crw-rw---- 1 root root 196, 253 Dec  8 13:38 timer

Has someone succesfully installed Dahdi without Asterisk?

Thank you.