[Freeswitch-users] Translating DTMF from RFC2833 to INFO

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 11:35:30 PST 2009

Some more bad news for you, info dtmf spec has expired and has been
abandoned.  Wait till you see what they did accept instead......

On Dec 6, 2009 1:22 PM, "Metik" <freeswitch-users-list at metik.com> wrote:

Unless the IOS you are running is extremely buggy, "debug voip ccapi"
commands should not provide you with that detail, what you really want
to use is "debug voip rtp session named-event".

Normal SIP-to-PSTN calls should use both a pots and voip dial peer but
DTMF relay type is determined by the voip dial peer.

I haven't ran into this issue (i.e. DTMF is ignored when using RFC 2833)
previously in the wild.  Unlike some other SIP feature servers,  I have
not had issues (with RFC 2833) between FS and Cisco IOS gateways.

Although unrelated to FS or any other SIP feature server, I have seen
some issues when multple dtmf relay types are left enabled on a voip
dial peer.  Also, there are some (older) IOS versions that have issues
with DTMF duration which cause digits to be misinterpreted by the
far-end (PSTN/POTS) but not ignored altogether.

-metik

Yehavi Bourvine wrote: > Hello Metik, > > > > 2009/12/6 Metik <
freeswitch-users-list at metik.com
> <mailto:freeswitch-users-list at metik.com>>

> > You previously stated that your Cisco gateway has some "bug" that >
prevents you from us...