[Freeswitch-users] IAX? Issues connecting road warriors with SIP?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Dec 4 02:32:14 PST 2009

Michael Jerris wrote:
> with a client that does not support stun or at least rfc 3581 the results
> are much more sketchy and require more hacks on the server side, but with
> enough effort can almost always be made to work.

Thanks Mike for the feedback. If a user has a problem using my FS server,
I'll check what client they have.

For those interested, here's what RFC 3581 adds to SIP: "Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) operates over UDP and TCP, among others.  When used with UDP,
from, and to the port written into the topmost Via header field value of the
request.  This behavior is not desirable in many cases, most notably, when
the client is behind a Network Address Translator (NAT).  This extension
defines a new parameter for the Via header field, called "rport", that
allows a client to request that the server send the response back to the
source IP address and port from which the request originated."