[Freeswitch-users] IAX? Issues connecting road warriors with SIP?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Dec 3 16:35:24 PST 2009

Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I get issues quite a bit with the server being behind a firewall.
> IAX is much nicer in this circumstance.

I just set up an IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel and nat goes away.

I have native IPv6 over ADSL now, as part of a trial that my ISP is
conducting. As a result, one end of the conection doesn't go through a tunnel
provider anymore.

Given the problems I've had (and still have) with nat, I want to be rid of it
as much as possible.

Nevertheless, I agree that in a nat scenario, IAX can be easier to configure
correctly.