[Freeswitch-users] Choppy sound with PCMU

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:32:21 PST 2009

idle is a 4 letter word to a realtime application.

The core keeps a single high-priority thread to keep 1ms timing and expands
that broadcasting
to hundreds or thousand of threads who need accurate timing.

Your choppy audio is caused by linksys lying about the packet len that it's
using and we set our timer
to the wrong speed.