[Freeswitch-users] Best way to run originate calls through dial plan

eaf erandr-junk at usa.net
Wed Dec 2 10:23:51 PST 2009

I need a way to start a call from the PHP script to the originating number,
tell the party on that number to hold on, start another call to destination
number, and bridge everything together. On both legs I need to pass custom
caller ID. I can of course open direct connections to VOIP gateways right
from PHP, but I want to reuse existing routing rules in the dial plan, hence
I want to know what's the best way of making originate go through a specific
context of the dial plan.

As for the number of calls per second, it's going to be only occasionally
used.