[Freeswitch-users] Faxing Advice

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Dec 1 14:22:53 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com>wrote:

> >In this case, the $1 will only contain whatever is in the parens in your
> expression, i.e.
> ><condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d+)$">
> >
> >What do you have for your expression?
> >-MC
>
> Well, untested of course as I am busy with school:) But what I wrote up to
> try at
> Christmas (with your addition) was:
>
> <extension name="OutboundFax">
>  <condition field="caller_id_number" expression="^204$"/>
>  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d+)$"/>
>      <action application="answer"/>
>      <action application="playback" data="silence_stream://2000"/>
>      <action application="rxfax" data="/tmp/${uuid}.rxfax.tiff"/>
>       <action application="system"
> data="/opt/freeswitch/scripts/emailfax.sh $1 at fax.com/tmp/${uuid}.rxfax.tiff"/>
>       <action application="hangup"/>
>  </condition>
> </extension>
>
> Am I correct in presuming that Freeswitch will answer a fax from a local
> zap based user
> just like it does from an FXO port connected to a POTS line? What I hope to
> do here is
> catch any call made from that extension (the zap based fax machine/user)
> and push its
> call into the fax module.

Yes, when a device (phone/fax/modem/whatever) is plugged into the FXS it
gets dialtone and dials. Whatever it dials is put into ${destination_number}
just like any SIP phone that dials. This extension looks ok. Try it out and
let us know how it goes.
-MC