[Freeswitch-users] alternative to java-asterisk

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 28 16:53:25 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM, tom <tomabroad at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> with the java-asterisk bridge its possible to to AMI-stuff. is thi as well
> possible with freeswitch? if so, are there any tutorials, docu etc. out
> there?
> thx

The AMI in Asterisk is analogous to the event socket in FreeSWITCH. (The
event socket is extremely powerful.) The FS developers have created ESL -
the event socket library, which abstracts away some of the mundane parts of
creating a socket connection to FS. I believe they added provisional support
for Java. We don't have a tutorial per se on the ESL, especially for Java.
However, we sure could use an adventurous Java programmer to roll up his
sleeves and help test & document all this stuff. :)

Check out src/libs/esl in the FS source tree and the event socket stuff on
the wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket_Library

Have fun!