[Freeswitch-users] How to make a call back

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 27 22:57:59 PDT 2009

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:01 PM, lakshmanan ganapathy
<lakindia89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No. In the dial plan I said, application="perl" data="The perl
> script".
> I also checked $session->execute("bridge","user/1010"). This is
> working fine.
> But originate is not working as I expected.

I think you might be confusing Dialplan apps with API commands. The
$session object represents an existing channel and therefore it uses
Dialplan apps. Originate is an API, that is, it is a command that you
type at the CLI.

You need an API object to use originate from a script:
my $api = new $freeswitch::API();
my $res = $api->executeString("originate user/1010 &bridge(user/1000);

What kind of application are you developing? I'm curious why you need
an originate to create a whole new call.

-MC