[Freeswitch-users] memory leak

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:43:39 PDT 2009

Mostly based on that is what we developed it with and continue to use and
have had the best luck and least problems with.

I am sure you are right about it being certain version of the core toolchain
I will guess it's the combo of libc and kernel and the fact that CentOS has
a purist attitude towards patching such code.

Some people use stable debian with no issues, other have reported problems
resolved by switching to CentOS

so presumably you could roll your own debian that was similar but we don't
have the resources to try to find out what makes what happen etc.

If you can configure debian to work, it's fine, if we get some inexplicable
problem on debian we will start to wonder though.
it's happened more than once with people doing nothing other than changing
OS =D

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Jay Binks <jaybinks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anthony can you ( or anyone else alao ). Please elaborate on what
> makes centos 5.3 o much better for Freeswitch.
>
> Is there some specific library vesiion on centos that makes a massive
> difference ?
>
> Reason I ask ...   I personally only have a preference for debian,
> but others may have policy mandated Os's
> For their companies, and it would be great to have some info about this.
>
> I'd imagine this actually boils down to a requirement for libfoo
> version X ...  And if we ran those library versions on other OS's we'd
> be fine ?
>
> Jay
>

> >> I recommend you try your application on 64 bit CentOS which is the
> >> platform
> >> all of our paid customers use.
> >
> > hmm. our operations-people wont be happy with that.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm