[Freeswitch-users] Timers/DTMFs During a Call

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Aug 26 13:28:17 PDT 2009

Do you actually need Python for the IVR, or is it that you're comfortable
using a scripting lang for an IVR? I like using XML for IVRs, but using
scripting langs does give you a bit more power & flexibility at the cost of
some resources.

For the record, you can do this in the dialplan using XML and sched_api
without touching a scripting language. Checkout the sched_api channel
variable on the wiki - it may give you the functionality you need.

-MC