[Freeswitch-users] how to avoid many "|" in bridge application?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:11:22 PDT 2009

that simo-sequential dialing thing is highly complicated because like
highlander there can be only one in the end.
The way we do it now is all controlled by the same monitor thread and it's a
ton more complexity added to a system that many
now depend on.  The things originate can do easily outdo the leading brand
and i would hate to break anything.

You already hate the syntax now and the only real solution would be to add
even more delimiters to the originate syntax
to denote sequential within simo as sequential currently has the highest
priority.

most chars are used up already maybe ^ is still free (it has to be valid in
an xml attr too, we got rid of + for simo dial because of that)
sofia/foo1^sofia/foo2,sofia/bar1^sofia/bar2

on top of all that it's a lot of work and we are not exactly swimming with
coders blessed to hack the core volunteering their time =D

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Carlos S. Antunes <csa at nowthor.com> wrote:

> Anthony Minessale wrote:
> > did you see my other email on this thread with the xml macro idea?
> > When it comes to displacing the complexity there are many choices.
>
> Yes, I did see that macro idea. It looks indeed very good in the case of
> a failover scenario. But what about something like I proposed initially,
> that is, a mix of simultaneous and sequential dialing in arbitrary
> order? I guess this is also what Phillip Jones is after with his feature
> request (http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-422).
>
> In any case, I am going to adopt your solution for the failover scenario
> as the most elegant so far! :)
>
> > if you want to make some api call that can look in xml and generate a
> > big | sep dial string that's entirely possible. you could do something
> > similar with lua or some other embedded language as well.
>
> Yes, that is indeed another possibility. However, I am not sure it would
> allow that mix of simultaneous and sequential dialing, would it?
>
> Carlos

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/