[Freeswitch-users] Newbie startup help. Tutorial? Learning path?

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Aug 26 08:31:09 PDT 2009

}Infact coming from Asterisk world is not too hard to figure out FS,
but yeah i wont recommend a newbie that route :)
 Although an Asterisk dude /dudette can check out the Rosetta_Stone
page on wiki
 Thanks & Regards,
 Mitul Limbani,
 Founder & CEO,
 Enterux Solutions,
 The Enterprise Linux Company (TM),
 www.enterux.com
 On Wed 26/08/09 19:35 , Bradley Brashier bjbrashier at gmail.com sent:
 Speaking as someone who went through this recently myself, my
 suggestion is to learn by doing. Choose some simple-sounding task
you
 want to accomplish in FS, and try to carry it out. Use the wiki as a
 reference and the mailing list if you can't figure out what you need
 from that.
 I don't suggest you start with Asterisk or anything else, as I'd
guess
 that would just confuse the issue. I came from a BIOS background,
went
 directly into Freeswitch, and am so far glad I did.
 BB
 On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Merle J. Ebbert wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm trying to avoid taking up a lot of peoples valuable time.
 >
 > SIP & FS have  brought some ideas for some commercial products but
 > need to know where to start.
 >
 > Having once written a proprietary DOS & helped with writing a
RTOS, I
 > consider myself capable
 > of learning.  I (we) just need to know where to start to come up
 > speed rapidly.
 >
 > Is there a FreeSWITCH tutorial available?
 > Should someone new start with Asterisk and then possibly move to
FS?

 > Thanks,
 > Merle

Msg sent via Enterux Enterprise Email Server :
http://www.enterux.com/

Links:
------
[1] mailto:se02005-mec at yahoo.com