[Freeswitch-users] how to avoid many "|" in bridge application?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:25:05 PDT 2009

Keep in mind I am not trying to just arrogantly shoot down your idea, I
enjoy the brainstorming.

Unfortunately it's still a problem because the core bridge/originate
mechanism does not parse XML it's only parses the
dial string markup.

The XML dialplan is completely abstract from the originate mechanism because
there can be many
dialplans not just XML.

In the end you must end up with one string of application and one string of
data.

I am very strict about maintaining scope boundaries between abstract
concepts.  I think it's the number 1 breakdown that
led to asterisk getting so messed up over the years and I want to avoid that
same plague.

I hope you understand and if you want to continue to ponder some more
functionality I welcome it.