[Freeswitch-users] caller id on origination does not work

Shameem Shiek gshfreesw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:51:15 PDT 2009

I am setting the caller id like this in my ESL script:

@con.sendRecv("api originate
{origination_caller_id_number=15103245678}sofia/gateway/junctionnetworks/1#{@number}
&park()")

And the caller id comes out as all zeroes.  The sip trace shows the "from"
as shown in the sofia status command.  This is output of sofia gateway
status and my gateway is under
/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external/junctionnetworks.xml .
Also, adding the gateway under /conf/directory/default did not work as the
wiki suugests. What I need to do for the caller_id to come through?

sofia status gateway junctionnetworks
Name        junctionnetworks
Scheme      Digest
Realm       jnctn.net
Username    username
Password    yes
>From        <sip:username at jnctn.net <sip%3Ausername at jnctn.net>
;transport=udp>
Contact     <sip:gw+junctionnetworks at 24.87.80.12:5080;transport=udp>
Exten       899xxxxxxx
To          sip:username at sip.jnctn.net <sip%3Ausername at sip.jnctn.net>
Proxy       sip:sip.jnctn.net
Context     public