[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 1.0.4 windows installer - great but I have a little problem

Darren Schreiber d at d-man.org
Tue Aug 25 13:59:03 PDT 2009

Hi there...

So a few things on this.

1) We have a module that's still being worked on called Sip Interface that allows you to configure Sip Profiles in FreeSWITCH. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to easily import your existing SIP profiles, and by NOT displaying them in the UI your stock config conflicts with those profiles. In other words, internal.xml and external.xml define sip profiles on ports 5060 and 5080 that the GUI is unaware. So to simplify things, we just delete those files and expect you to recreate them via the UI on install. We'll probably make this a little more obvious in the near future, but for now, that's what we do.

2) The trunk creation system in the ISO does give the impression that trunk groups & trunks are for external. This is a design flaw I have already fixed in trunk (referenced above). We have now split this module into two modules - one for configuring Sip Interface/Sip Profiles (which are for defining your IPs & ports to use for sending/receiving calls and authentication settings) and the other for defining gateways ('trunks") which are generally used for making outbound calls.

So in other words, we're aware of the issues you are detailing. We will be finalizing the fix for this issue hopefully on Sunday and will rebuild the ISO by Monday.

Hope that helps.

- Darren