[Freeswitch-users] Transporting SIP over TCP

Jim Burke jim at evolutiontel.net
Sun Aug 23 21:49:01 PDT 2009

"Well if you append ;transport=tcp on the bridge lines it will use TCP"

IMHO this statement needs some clarification based on the context of
this thread.

If the destination is another PBX or Freeswitch box then this is ok as
FS will be initiating the TCP connection.

For terminating calls to registered User Agents (UA) the decision to
use TCP or UDP should be made using information collected when the UA
registered.  i.e if the UA registers using TCP, FS should use TCP to
send and receive messages, if the UA registers with TLS, then FS
should use TLS, same story for UDP.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Brian West<brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Well if you append ;transport=tcp on the bridge lines it will use TCP .
>
> /b
>
> On Aug 17, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Tzury Bar Yochay wrote:
>
>>> FreeSWITCH works very well as a client :P
>> I am currently porting it into iPhone and Symbian, I am almost
>> done ;-)
>>
>> anyway, seriously now, can one point to a wiki page about this?
>> How do I do that?
>> I would need 3 server instances to place a call, right?

Jim Burke
Director Evolutiontel.
http://www.evolutiontel.net