[Freeswitch-users] zombie channels

Benedikt Fraunhofer fraunhofer.lists.freeswitch-001 at traced.net
Fri Aug 21 10:02:31 PDT 2009

Hello,

> I tried running the core, but I am getting some errors:
>  ./freeswitch-gcore
> /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.gcore.fm5478:1: Error in sourced
> command file:
> ptrace: No such process.
> gcore: failed to create /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.gcore.16240
>
> What is the proper way of using freeswitch-gcore?

I had the same problem... look at the source, it expects the pid file to be in
/usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.pid
and freeswitch to be installed at
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch

you can do that manualle, tough.

get the pid of freeswitch (something like "ps waux | grep freeswitch")
then run
gcore -o freeswitch_coredump1.core [pid found above]
gdb [location of freeswitch binary] -c freeswitch_coredump1.core \
        --eval-command='set pagination off' \
        --eval-command='bt' \
        --eval-command='bt full' \
        --eval-command='thread apply all bt' \
        --eval-command='thread apply all bt full' \
        --eval-command='quit' \
       >  freeswitch_report.txt

Beni.