[Freeswitch-users] Recommendations for an interface between FreeSwitch and ANSI C code

Matt Riddell matt at venturevoip.com
Thu Aug 20 02:35:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have an application written in ANSI C which currently talks to the
Asterisk Manager to make phone calls.

We're possibly looking at converting this to FreeSwitch.

At the moment it has an abstraction layer from Asterisk and speaks to
between 1 and 80 Asterisk machines using round robin for distribution.

Would you recommend that I use the mod_event socket and basically work
with FreeSwitch in the same way as I work with Asterisk or am I
overlooking a possibly different way of doing things?

Cheers,

Matt Riddell