[Freeswitch-users] failover based on initial INVITE timeout

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:40:56 PDT 2009

I've seen this parameter when I started testing, but the name suggest
that it will do icmp ping to detect failed gateways (haven't really
tried it though). I need to detect sip service failure as well - the
case where the destination server is up (ping replies are received),
but the sip process is down and there is no response to sip requests.

If the ping parameter uses sip-based ping (like OPTIONS ping) this may
be a solution for me as well.