[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 1.0.4 windows installer - great but I have a little problem

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Mon Aug 17 08:24:05 PDT 2009

On Aug 17, 2009, at 5:29 AM, Meftah Tayeb wrote:

> hi MikeJ,
> i prefer creating MSI file that is easy to mintin$

How is this useful vs. something that is already maintained?

> unstid of using inno setup or advanced installer (not free), we can
> use WIX (Windows installer XML) that is a open source one

All the tools being used are free, however all are not open source.

> we can create a customised MSI that fully install mor features,
> including Sounds / MOH/...

This installer already does all that and more.

> and we can edit XML files easyly to let users chouse each module to
> install during setup, for example conferencing, voice mail, Event
> Socket and ...
> also the WAMP server is not fully stable
> i prefer Uniform Server, that mintin Full Compatibility with Unix
> like platform including for example, perl files that need this
> path: /usr/...
> apache2 is installed in /usr/local/apache2, mySQL: /usr/local/mysql
> and php is in /usr/local/php
> and perl is in /usr/bin
> php my admin is in /etc/phpmyadmin
> and mor featurs, including multiple instance, virtual hosting and
> full management using control pannel
> this will help enterprise users that need that in windows unstid of
> WAMP
> if you don't want to mintin it, jive me a chance to mintin it
> thanks

I just don't want to split efforts here, every different way we do
this is yet another way we have to support.  I see no compelling
argument here other than personal preference.  If I am missing
anything someone please chime in and correct me.

Mike