[Freeswitch-users] Better results from mod_vmd

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 21:26:14 PDT 2009

I tried emailed Eric, seeking advice on this, but his email (the one in the
source code) is bouncing email (invalid user), so thought I would ask here
instead. If anyone has eric's new email address, I'd be interesting in it.

I did some tests with mod_vmd this afternoon, but I'm only finding about 33%
of the voice mail beeps and did have 1 false-positive in my test of 7 voice
mail machines. I've recorded the audio of the session in .wav files that
were both successful and not, as a comparison. I can upload the .wav files
if they would be useful.

mod_vmd works great for voicemails of Skype Users, and kall8.com, but has
issues dealing with mobile phone carriers.

sprint - not successful
tmobile - not successful
verizon - not successful
panasonic home answering machine system - not successful

kall8 - SUCCESS
skype - SUCCESS

I'm wondering if you can recommend a simple fix, like changing some of the
constants like MAX_FREQ, or MIN_TIME at the top of the mod_vmd.c source
file, or if better success requires more complex analysis.  Do you have any
recommendations on how this might be done? Listening to the .wav's
its apparent the beeps are not as loud for the mobile phone carriers as they
are with skype and kall8. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

--matt
hello hunter
http://www.hellohunter.com
voice broadcasting & hosted dialer