[Freeswitch-users] Question about sharing conference between

Tina Martinez tina at a2unlimited.com
Wed Aug 12 16:10:59 PDT 2009

Michael,

Thanks for the welcome, and for the response to my question.

The call control and dynamic setup of conferences I have working (pretty cool stuff).
The tricky part, as you said, is "linking" the servers together.

Basically, what I need to do is establish a connection that will not be dependent
on a live person being on the call.  And I would prefer to avoid having to
register actual phone extensions for every server -- and for every conference call.

I apologize if I'm slow, but I'm new to working an application like this.

In your example, you stated, "3900 is an extension set up in FS_B's dialplan",
does this extension have to be a live person (or soft-phone connected using an
auto-answer mechanism)?  or can I setup something where there is not a phone
actually connected?

Right now I'm able to place a call from one machine to another, but I'm calling
an X-Lite phone on the second server.

Also, if it is possible to call a "virtual" extension, I have no problem
incorporating application logic that would clean-up the orphaned conferences on
all machines when a conference call is complete.  I'm more concerned with being
able to setup the "links" quickly and in an elegant fashion.

- T