[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

Phillip Jones pjintheusa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 08:22:08 PDT 2009

Hi there,

>> application="originate" data="(sofia/foo/bar|sofia/baz/bar),(sofia/foo/yum|sofia/baz/yum)"

I agree. However, perhaps the ideal is not to specify the carriers at
this level, as carriers are added and removed fairly often as costings
change. So it would be nice to have some sort of proxy that resolves
to a list of carriers:

application="originate" data="sofia/MyCarriers/bar,sofia/MyCarriers/yum"

<MyCarriers>
<action application="carrier" data="sofia/foo"/>
<action application="carrier" data="sofia/baz"/>
<action application="carrier" data="sofia/etc"/>
</MyCarriers>

or something similar. This would achieve the same as loopback in this
use case but without dangers of looping? Complicated stuff though.

>>Perhaps have an on answer hook that tries to enable bypass media (re-invite) after the call is setup?

That's a good idea - I will look into that.

Thanks again.

Phillip